Monday, June 7, 2010

Can't Touch This

Well, jenny and I have left Galveston. But I'll tell you about the rest of our adventure! On the second day we went to Moody Gardens. I got a LOT of pictures! I'll post several of them. The pictures. I'll post several pictures. From Moody Gardens. I think you get what I'm saying.
Well, let me say, Moody Gardens are AMAZING! I LOVE them. Or maybe it's a it? I love it? No, I think it's a them. Sorry about the grammar confusion. I can't think straight at midnight on a saturday. Or any other day of the week, for that matter. But back to Moody Gardens. Moody Gardens=Awesomeness.
First we started in the Aquarium Pyramid. There you can buy your day passes (for 30$ you can go everywhere). From there you can obviously, tour the aquarium. Today when we went they were doing this shark passport thing, where you got a paper with different sharks on it and as you went through the aquarium and found the sharks you used the stamp located near the shark and stamped your "passport". It was fun. And they did a great job of designing the tanks so you feel like you're underwater.
After the Aquarium Pyramid, we moved on to the Rainforest pyramid. Now personally, I love this pyramid the most out of the three. They auctually built a rainforest inside. It's like Chuck-Norris-can-touch-MC-Hammer epic. Which trust me, is PRETTY epic.
After the Rainforest Pyramid, we went and got dippin' dots, which they have EVERYWHERE in Galveston, then went to eat lunch.
I think the best place at Moody Gardens to get lunch is at Palm Beach. They have a really huge menu there. The food is decent, but the menu there has the most selection.
After eating, Jenny and I headed to the Discovery Pyramid. There they have these motion-movies, which are movies with special seats that move. I didn't go on one (I'm deathly afraid of 3D, 4D, and motion movies), but Jennifer did, and the one currently showing is something about a log. But once you get out of that, you can go upstairs and they have a little museum, with changing exhibits.. the current exhibit is about immigration in the 1900s. It was kinda creepy though cause they had a KKK mask. And there was an old wagon with a TV on it (that's not strange...).
Right outside the Discovery Pyramid, there is a butterfly house, which is this screened building that they keep butterflies in. Jenny and I didn't go in that though, since we have one at the San Antonio Zoo.
We finished up at Moody Gardens around noon, so we headed to the beach. This weekend the Sandcastle Competition was going on. There were themes, such as Alice in Wonderland, Ipad, and How to Train Your Dragon. So they weren't like houses, but more along the lines of sculptures. And it wasn't required that you enter in one of the categories, so one person did the Giant Volcano In Iceland That No One Can Pronounce. And for the Ipad theme someone did an Ipad eating a person (And they wrote I byte. haha. Get it? Ok. Just make fun of me and my jokes... I can handle it... not... *Sob!*). Anyways, it was pretty awesome, so I'll post some pics (as in probably 20).
Of course, the one place you MUST eat in Galveston is the Rainforest Cafe! Although it is a little over-priced, it is pretty good and the inside of the cafe is AWESOME. Even if you've been to one near you, you should still go to this one, since it's different from the rest. You see, this Rainforest Cafe has a GIGANTIC volcano on top that usually has water running down it, but once it gets dark, very half hour a show runs, where the volcano bursts into flames and it's AWESOME. Mwahahaha :)

Well, that's all there was to our trip. It may not have seemed like much, but it was pretty exhausting @_@ My next trip won't be for a while (New Bedford, Massachusetts in July) so don't be surprised if I don't post for a while (after the pictures). I may post a little in San Marcus (I have an orchestra camp there). See ya later, Commers!

Oh yeah.. and the title was just kinda randomness. Yayyyyy randomness! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment